President Susan Day started the virtual meeting by welcoming guests from several other clubs, including:
- Grantville-Allied Gardens
- Scripps Ranch.
Then she introduced and welcomed our speaker, Dr. Sonia Ancoli-Israel, Professor Emeritus of Psychiatry and Professor of Research at the University of California San Diego School of Medicine. Dr. Ancoli-Israel spoke about Sleep in Aging and Insomnia, then answered the group's questions.
After the speaker, we celebrated the birthdays of members:
- 2/1 - Heather Robinson
- 2/5 - David Gugerty
- 2/9 - Tim Callan
- 2/9 - June Frost
- 2/14 - Glen Honig
- 2/21 - Lauren Cook
- 2/21 - Vic Bianchini
- 2/24 - Scofield Hage
The group was generous in donations to celebrate:
- Carl Nettleton - a great trip to Norway and Sweden.
- Doug Frost - throwing his hat into the ring for District Governor
- Karina Sousa - welcoming new members, thanking Ryan Callan for dog sitting, and pleased that Ruby is now an airplane veteran
- Gordon Boerner - successful medical treatments
- Randy Ortlieb - pleased to be joining us from the Escondido Club
Prior to concluding the meeting, we reviewed past events and looked forward to future ones.
You can view the meeting online: