Our November 17th luncheon began with President Mike Boland ringing the bell and leading members in the Pledge of Allegiance.
Justin Frisco followed with the invocation.
Everyone present helped David Jay belt out "Grand Old Flag."
Our guests were welcomed, and Brian Krause warmly introduced speaker Dan McAllister, San Diego County Treasurer-Tax Collector, a former member of the Club.
There was only one birthday to celebrate -- Brian Krause on November 30th. The Club is looking forward to socializing with him on his birthday after an afternoon service project at the Burn Institute.
Many members had fines to pay and events to pay tribute to, including:
- Doug Frost who was happy to return to a luncheon in person.
- Judy Leitner who just returned from a vacation in her hometown state of Texas.
- Karina Sousa who celebrated both her parents' birthdays with a family trip to Hawaii.
- Carl Nettleton who just attended the California Economic Summit and whose daughter just passed the bar.
- Mike Boland whose daughter competed successfully in the National Championships for American Saddlebred.
- Brian Krause who has a birthday coming and 15 years as a member of the Club.
- David Gugerty who has accidentally kept the "fine free pass" for a long while, having just returned to the country.
- Both Jay Jeffcoat and Brian Krause generously pledged hospitality passes to SDSU Basketball to the Foundation.
We heard an update and presented a check to Carter Anderson of the Monarch School.
She shared this moving video as well:
If you missed it, you can watch all the fun on our Zoom recording: