On Tuesday, September 18th, we had our Club Installation! Thank you to the service of all the officers + directors for 2017-2018! You are appreciated by all!
- President Patrick started us off with his happy dollars and highlighted how delicious the filet was at the last luncheon. He also reflected on his term as President - congrats, Patrick! You did it while being a new dad!
- Rick + Shari Webster are celebrating 33 years of marriage - congrats to our dynamic Kiwanis duo!
- Floros had the 'Best Day of His Life' at the 8th Annual Blues Festival for the San Diego Food Bank!
- Jeffcoat rolled in looking fly with his shades so we all thought he was VIP but in fact he was recovering from a successful eye surgery.
- Judy thanked Patrick for his year and knows Krause will be a great second term as Presidente!
- Monica is venturing to LA to see modular flyaway designer homes that come in $100k per resident which is dramatically under affordable housing.
- Krause gloated in the SDSU win against Patrick's Sun Devils. He also shockingly remembered to wear his Kiwanis pin, mainly because he made Frisco wear a Kansas City pin due to a Pittsburgh loss on Sunday. We can all now refer to Krause as the "Old Block" thanks to his daughter Abigail!
- Bauer put in a happy $100 because he missed his birthday meeting and it's the combo of his years in Kiwanis + life - we love you, Tom!
- Lauren also loved the filet mignon from the meeting that everyone missed and sent her son off to college! She's also celebrating her second year with Kiwanis, thank you Lauren!
- Karina thanked all those who reached out to her regarding her injury! She has a potential herniated disc so is extra sassy these days! Go easy on her!
Doug, our District Trustee, performed the Installation. Your Club Officers + Board of Directors for 2018-2019
Club Officers 2017-2018
- Brian Krause, President
- Patrick Maurer, Immediate Past President
- Judy Leitner, Vice President
- Karina Sousa, Secretary
- Ryan Callan, Treasurer
Club Board of Directors
|Class of 2019
||Class of 2020
||Class of 2021
The President's gave out the following awards for incredible service to our club:
Distinguished Service Award
- David Jay
- Lauren Cook
- Chris Pare
- Carole Cuttita
- Suzie Zlaket
- Shaun McArdle
William A. Dunlap Fellowship
- Judy Leitner
- Justin Frisco
We have lots of exciting events on the horizon for this upcoming Kiwanis year and you'll want to be sure to register to save your seat!
More information on upcoming events:
1st Tuesday: 10/2 - SoccerCity vs. SDSU West - $20 pre-register/$30 at the door
SoccerCity and SDSU Mission Valley: Two approaches to the same valuable, city-owned 166 acres in Mission Valley. In many ways, the approaches are remarkably same. They both include a stadium, housing, commercial development and parkland. But in other ways, they depart significantly from each other on key land-use details.
This November we as San Diegans will have the opportunity to decide the future of this important piece of land. Both SDSU West and Soccer City will present at our the luncheon followed by Q&A.
2nd Tuesday: 10/9 - Evening Social @ Maverick's Pacific Beach
Join us for our 2nd Tuesday Evening Social at Maverick's Pacific Beach! The summer never stops in San Diego, but the time the sun sets does, so let's take advantage of our last sunset while playing outdoor games! Some members will arrive as early as 4:30, others will arrive around 5, and we will stay till the 6:30/7 or until we feel like leaving!
3rd Tuesday: 10/16 - Jeff Figler: world expert on collectibles! $20 pre-register/$30 at the door
How did Jeff get started? His mother, Millie, never threw away his baseball cards or comic books.
INCREDIBLE OPPORTUNITY: As one of the only certified memorabilia appraisers in the country. Jeff will appraise any SINGLE item that Kiwanians and their guests bring to our luncheon! Be sure to pre-register!
5th Tuesday: 10/30 - Serve at the SD Food Bank + Social
Join us for our 5th Tuesday Evening Service Project at the San Diego Food Bank! We will serve in the evening shift from 6-8pm and will head to Duckfoot Brewing for a social to follow! You MUST register through the Food Bank website in order to serve! Need help? Contact Karina - email@example.com