The Kiwanis Club of San Diego has served the needs of youth in the Greater San Diego / Northern Baja Region since 1920. The Operations Administrator (OA) supports the Club, its Foundation (est. 1955), and The Washington Lincoln Laurel’s for Leaders (est. 1957). The combined impact of these three not-for-profit organizations forms enduring community legacies. The ideal candidate will perform a variety of managerial, special events and administrative tasks and serve as the prime conduit across all three organizations. The work will be performed hybrid locations (in-office at 3276 Rosecrans St #202, San Diego, CA 92110 and remote). Work will be performed, primarily during regular weekday work hours, but with some activities scheduled outside these hours and on weekends.
The Kiwanis Club of San Diego (“KCSD”) Operations Administrator (“OA”) is a part-time employee (non-exempt) position. The OAOAOA reports to and is supervised by the KCSD President and has direct engagement with the Board of Directors & Officers of the KCSD, as well as the San Diego Kiwanis Foundation (“SDKF”) and the Washington Lincoln Laurels for Leaders (“L4L”). The OAOA will execute on strategic and operational goals for the KCSD, aligned with the Club’s mission to strengthen the San Diego community by supporting San Diego’s youth.
The OA will serve as liaison to the referenced organizations’ Board committee teams in fulfilling scheduled meetings & programs, special events, fundraising as well as supporting membership acquisition & retention. The OA will develop deep knowledge of members, core programs, events, operations, and strategic business plans.
The OA’s duties include implementation and management of these three areas:
1. Plan and manage events for the KCSD, including bi-monthly Club lunches; the annual Laurels for Leaders luncheon (400+ attendees), and other fundraising events for all 3 organizations.
2. Maintain organization records, prepare agendas, and serve as recording secretary for the three organization’s Board of Directors meetings (KCSD/SDKF monthly, L4L quarterly).
3. Fulfill external marketing materials and integrated website and social media platform management for the three organizations with support of member volunteers.
● Minimum of three (3) years’ experience working with/for non-profit organizations in a managerial position.
● Skilled in Office Management and basic office equipment use.
● Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word/Excel/Outlook
Skilled in use of the following web technologies:
● Wild Apricot, Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, etc…
● Word Press, Mailchimp, Text Reminders
● Social Media (Facebook, Twitter),
● Zoom/WebEx/MS Teams
● Skilled in oral & written communication
● Skilled in curating donor info database and appropriate outreach/communications.
● California Drivers License and insured transportation to facilitate Club-related errands and transport of Club equipment, supplies, etc. to event locations.
At KCSD, we embrace and respect the collective and the unique talents, experiences, and perspectives of all people. Together we inspire remarkable impact in our community. This is how we live to serve children of the world. And with our commitment to ethics, you can be sure we are doing it with transparency, integrity, and social responsibility. We are an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer – Minorities / Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
Qualified candidates will be provided a detailed job description and duties in advance of the interview.
To apply, please submit a letter of interest and resume to KarinaKiwanis@gmail.com. Applications accepted until filled.